Minor problems with x4daemon

I had some minor problems with x4daemon lately: Sometimes it stopped recognizing my Sidewinder X4 after unplugging and plugging it in again. However it did work again after restarting it. I don’t now where this problem comes from, but Arch changed from libusb to libusbx a while ago, maybe there was an update which caused this (libusbx should be backwards compatible to libusb and worked quite well for some time). If anyone encounters the same problem, a quick fix with some help of udev (I used this for some time now :D):

/etc/udev/rules.d/50-x4daemon.rules:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ACTION=="add", ENV{PRODUCT}=="45e/768/150", RUN+="/usr/bin/systemctl restart x4daemon.service"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ACTION=="remove", ENV{PRODUCT}=="45e/768/150", RUN+="/usr/bin/systemctl stop x4daemon.service"

I try to solve this in code and switch completely to libusbx. I also got some mails with patches for leds, startup scripts, etc. Thanks to everyone who mailed to me or made a comment, I try to put that all together in some future version. I had been really busy over the last time, but I try to work on it and pushing x4daemon forward ;)

Comments (0)

› No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Allowed Tags - You may use these HTML tags and attributes in your comment.

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Pingbacks (0)

› No pingbacks yet.